Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Favorites

Wow - it has been too long.  It seems to have been a theme in the blogging world over the course of the past few weeks, however, as many of the blogs I follow have been slacking on posts as well!  In an attempt to ease back into it, I give you Friday Favorites!

  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - Yes, within the past month I have somehow become a....FAN?!  To be fair, it happened by accident.  My husband was traveling one weekend, and I sat down on the couch to find there was NOTHING on TV.  Well, except for New Moon.  I realized later that this was the 2nd installment, so I felt I needed to see the 1st one to really "get it" - this was, of course, not really necessary.  In any case, fast forward a few weeks and I have now been caught up to speed on all 4 of the films to date; however, unless you are living under a rock, you are aware that the 5th and final film released this week.  Naturally, I am now curious as to what all of the hype is about - Bella is a vampire now, guys!  I admit, I am slightly embarrassed that I would like to go see it....

  • Kentucky Derby 2013 - YES, YES, YES, YES!  And one more YES! for good measure...  On Monday, when we all should have been honoring the many Veterans of our great nation, a select group of us took a break at noon to participate in the private sale of Kentucky Oaks/Derby 2-day ticket packages.  And?  NAILED IT!  2013 is already off to a fantastic start!

  • Birthdays Galore! - November is a BUSY month for birthday celebrations.  I am going to take this opportunity to get caught up on all of those I missed, and those left to come, this month:

      • November 2nd - Happy Birthday, Jinna!
      • November 4th or 5th (I know, I cannot remember the exact day, Oops!) - Happy Birthday, Austin!
      • November 8th - Happy Birthday, Elliana!
      • November 9th - Happy Birthday, John!
      • November 13th - Happy Birthday, Grandma Glo!
      • November 24th - Happy Birthday, Jason!

....I THINK that covers it?


  • Wedding Bliss - Congratulations to Carli and Casey, who tied the knot on November 10th, 2012, in Naples, Florida!


  • Slapsgiving - No, no one actually gets slapped like Barney in How I Met Your Mother.  This is, rather, an epic event that we founded around the same time the episode aired.  I guess we were all out of creative ideas at this point in the year a few years back?!  Nonetheless, 2012 marks the 3rd annual Slapsgiving festivities in Chicago!  We are currently working on putting together the menu and I am so looking forward to it.  More on this next week....




No comments:

Post a Comment