Friday, March 28, 2014

Remember When I Started A Blog?!

February 14th.  Valentine's Day.  Not of 2014, but 2013 rather. That was the last time I had the slightest interest in posting something on here. Oops! Perhaps lack of interest was not the real issue, but....

.....I have already lost interest in this post.  

See, I think that was the problem all along, right? It is incredibly difficult to come up with fun, new blog posts to keep my three loyal followers entertained when I am not even interested in what I am writing about. So. Much. Pressure.

I enjoy the name of my blog entirely too much to run the risk of having someone steal the domain name if I were to delete it. In an effort to breed success, I have decided I will not give up that easily. Instead, there will be some new "guidelines" implemented.

  • Be Yourself - I always was, but I feel I was often overly cautious with every word I wrote. I definitely wouldn't say I was holding anything back per se, but in the same regard I know I thought way too much about every last detail. I don't know why? You have obsessive compulsive disorder, that's why.  

  • Have A Strategy - Probably my biggest downfall when I started this mess. What the hell am I blogging about?  Truth is, I was blogging without any sense of direction. Not that there needs to be a specific avenue to follow, but there was no underlying theme or topics of interest. So what do I intend to start writing about now? Good question....

  • Write About Things You Care About - Ding, ding, ding!  I love....Food, Travel, Fashion....and some other stuff too - like my Family and Friends, I guess? Why not write about all of them and sprinkle in some personal anecdotes along the way? DONE! 

  • This Is A Hobby, Not An Obligation - I did not set out on this little project to discover a new career path. I did this for no other reason than the fact that I actually just like to write. I was in desperate need of a creative outlet - one that work cannot fulfill - and this was supposed be all in good FUN!

  • So Who Is Ali? - Honestly?  I am a lot of things: Daughter, Wife, Sister, Friend, Mother to a fur child....but mostly? Lover of Life. 

I guess this was a long-winded way of saying, "Welcome back!" I direct this mostly to myself, but I will be so kind as to extend it to the rest of you as well. Cassie, Mom, Dad....Katie (are you there?!) you can all finally stop complaining that I have not posted to my blog in months years.



1 comment: