Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Am A Collector of Children

I mentioned it last week as a Friday Favorite, but it seems as though my husband and I are in the business of collecting children in 2012.  My best friend and her husband asked us to be the God parents to their little one, Calvin Lewis, over the weekend.  Once again, we of course said "YES!"


As flattering as it was the first time, coming from my husband's sister, that was family.  I do not want to say it is expected, but it somewhat, kind of, is in a way.  Assuming the siblings are close, of course.  That being said, baby brother has given me no such love, so what do I know?!

To be asked by close friends who think highly enough of you and trust that you will provide unconditional love and support (among other things) to a child that is not your own, their child, well that is one of the highest compliments you can ever give someone.  Am I right?!  We really think so and feel blessed to have people in our lives who value us as the people that we are, and whom we do the same in return.

We are so very honored that anyone would ever consider us for this role.  So thank you very much, to those who chose us!


No comments:

Post a Comment