Monday, April 23, 2012

I Am Not A Blogger

Well... I guess this is it - my plunge into the blogosphere.  Even as I sit here typing my first post, I am only partially convinced I intend to go through with this.  I have no idea what has compelled me to move forward in setting this up, especially considering what a pain in the ass it was to create the blog name alone.  Combine that with the foreign language I was forced to decipher in creating the aesthetics, let's just say it is amazing that I am still as motivated to do this as I am.


While, admittedly, my perception of what it means to be a blogger may be a bit distorted, I would not agree that I am one.  Perez is a blogger, not me.  I do not believe I am savvy enough to add the title of "blogger" to my repertoire just yet.  What this actually is (for me) is a creative outlet, a therapeutic process to put my crazy thoughts in one place.  This is my way of taking a break from the daily grind to entertain myself (and hopefully, eventually, others) with my useless knowledge, my own misfortunes and, of course, nonsense.  Who knows, maybe I will learn something from all of this?!  Long shot, I know....

 

This seems as good a transition as any to call out a few things.  Okay, maybe just one underlying thing:
  • I apologize in advance for offending anyone who may find themselves reading a perfectly acceptable blog page, only to find themselves smacked across the face with the profanity that sometimes finds its way into my words.  
  • What I am trying to say is, I have been known to have a "potty mouth" at times. 
  • Meaning, I use curse words to express the severity of a situation (or lack thereof). 

Now that the formalities are out of the way, allow me to move on to my next topic of discussion - my first shout out!  I would like to thank Tom for inspiring me to do this.  Without the creation of his own blog and our constant color commentating on anything and everything we come across in this great world, I would have never realized my full potential of expressing my views and opinions on so many irrelevant topics.


Finally, I would also like to give a big thank you (or F you, rather) to this guy.  A fellow equal-opportunity hater, who has "stolen" my million dollar idea.  Without you, sir, I would not have considered starting this blog in the first place.  More on that another time....  And also, for the avoidance of doubt, I have never met Matthew nor do I have any authorization in saying he stole my idea.  I am sure he is a fine human being and I hate that he got his shit together before I thought of doing so.  And I hate that I own and love his book.


And so it begins, my new life as [what may someday be referred to as] a blogger.  This is it, don't get scared now!

No comments:

Post a Comment