Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Favorites

  • Birthday Bonanza - A friend of mine and my father-in-law celebrated on the 22nd, and my dad will be celebrating on the 25th!  A lot of birthdays in August, no doubt.

  • Mexican Night - Tonight, we participate in the rehearsal dinner for our good friends, Claire and Jason!  The fiesta is being held at Adobo Grill and should definitely be a great time with plenty of margaritas to go around (open bar from 6-9pm, woohoo!).

  • Wedding Bells - Saturday, August 25, 2012, will mark the big day for Claire and Jason here in Chicago.  We are all excited to celebrate and cannot wait for the Pat's Pizza delivery at 11pm for a late night snack!

  • Sorority Reunion - Three of my sorority sisters were in town on Wednesday night, one of whom was celebrating her 30th!  We went to dinner/drinks and it was great to catch up.  I cannot believe how far removed I am from my Purdue days, yikes!

  • New Ink - I got some new ink this week (sorry, mom)!  Ever since I went through the legal process of changing my identity name after marriage, I have felt so conflicted about embracing it.  I know this seems bizarre, but I really felt like I lost a little bit of what made me who I am.  For 27 years, I had been AS.  And with just a swift pen stroke, boom.  I became AG. 
          I have pondered for over a year about what I wanted to do about this, and
          ultimately decided the best possible way to hold on to who I am was through
          a simple phrase that my mother, repeatedly, beat into the brains of myself
          and all of my friends growing up, "Remember who you are..."  We always
          found it beyond annoying at the time, every time we walked out of the door
          to go do something, but who knew it would stick with us all?! 

          I, of course, tricked my mother into writing this and scanning it for me about
          a month ago, asking her to not ask any questions.  She obeyed.  As a result, I
          now have her actual handwriting branded on me, forever (do not act like you
          are not a little bit flattered, mother):



No comments:

Post a Comment