Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

I have a serious problem with food lately.  It is not that I do not want it, but rather that I am terrible about eating breakfast, even worse about taking a lunch break and by time dinner rolls around, I have come to the realization that I could eat my own arm off....because I am that hungry.  Kids, do not try this at home.  It is not a daily routine to be proud of.  In fact, it is one to be pretty disappointed in yourself with. 

Every week, I tell myself that I am going to make a concerted effort to create the extra time needed in the morning to eat breakfast.  This never happens.  I could eat breakfast at work, yes.  Easier said than done....  The minute I walk through the door....actually, let's be completely honest here....the minute I open my eyes and roll over to look at my Blackberry, it is game over...Work, work, work, work, work.

I am responding to emails, quite literally, from the moment I wake up until the moment I close my eyes that night.  It is the very first thing I do when I rise, and the very last thing I do before I go to sleep.  Is that normal?!  And because I get so caught up in the daily grind, my metabolism is ready to kill me as a result, I am sure of it.

Everyone always stresses the importance of a balanced breakfast and lunch, and I have never realized how true that is until recently.  My skipping breakfast and lunch stint has got to stop.  And what better way to take control of this issue than by having a 4 day weekend to start implementing the new change?!

Labor Day could not have come at a better time.  It will give me the opportunity to relax a little, go grocery shopping, stock up on my potential breakfast and lunch item needs, and really get myself back on a healthy eating plan stat.  Do not misunderstand, we are still eating healthy dinners during the week, but because I am suffering from the starvation of the day, I have to fit in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich a couple of hours later just to get me through.

So now I am on the hunt for some good breakfast and lunch items.  I have always been really bad about eating breakfast, so this will be turning over a new leaf for me.  The lunch items I have always been pretty healthy about, but I tend to get sick of the same thing every day and I do not eat lunch meat.  So, needless to say, I am somewhat limited in my selections.  I need some variety.  Any good recommendations on must have items?! 

If only I could just have a personal chef and trainer on hand to take care of these things for me on the daily.  Life would be so much easier then....right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment