Thursday, August 9, 2012

Time Flies....

even when you are not having fun, apparently!  Or at least not entirely....

I cannot believe it has been so long since I have been able to post something - yikes!  Between work and my devotion to the XXX Olympiad, I have been burning the candle at both ends, no doubt.  Did I mention I fit in a trip to NYC as well?! 

Allow me to briefly highlight the most important piece of the puzzle that has kept me away....The Olympics! 

Every 4 years, the sport I grew up with gets its chance to shine.  SWIMMING!  JEAH! (please excuse idiotic Ryan Lochte language...I cannot help myself). 

The 2012 games were pleasantly surprising as the USA was down in veterans and were thought to be a real underdog team, as a whole, going into the competition.  Despite the obvious disappointments in performances from Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte, we still managed to dominate the sport in both individual events AND relays.  Some real up and comers emerged as the future of USA Swimming, a la 17 year old Missy Franklin, reminding us that we are still going to be left in good hands as we journey into the retirement of the great Michael Phelps. 

A few not so new faces even came to life in events that were just down right unexpected....

Who could have imagined that Brendan Hansen would successfully make a come back at 30 and make it to the podium from lane 8 in the final?!  Impressive.  And let's be honest.... the USA has not been able to dominate the sprint races since the likes of Matt Biondi in the late 80's!  Sure, Cullen Jones shocked us all as he was not expected to be a "real" contender, but hellllllllooooo Nathan Adrian



....I could clearly go on for hours about this topic, but sadly I just do not have the time today to do so.  I promise I will dedicate a whole blog to this next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment