Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trend Setters

I realize I am no "fashionista," but I would like to think I rock my own, unique style.  If nothing else, I definitely like to experiment with fashion and try new things.  I like to be inspired by what I see around me, the weather, time of year and, above all, how I am feeling that day.  Or if I know there is an element that I really want to showcase (a hat, a pair of shoes, jewelry, a pair of glasses, a purse, etc.), I will start there and coordinate my outfit around that particular piece.

Luckily, I work in an industry that is conducive to individuality and, how do I put this, a "non-business attire required" type of setting.  Meaning, I can pretty much get away with wearing cool, hip, fun and trendy outfits every day for the most part.  In fact, it is encouraged!  Of course, corporate/client meetings trump fashion sense, but you can still manage to funk-i-fy (is that a word?!) your business attire in a subtle way....at least I do! 

With this consistent break in the heat, I am getting increasingly more excited for the official start of fall.  And, more importantly, the change in wardrobe that comes along with it!  So I have started to get the wheels in motion for some new fall outfits and new ways to style my existing wardrobe.  Some notable trends worth getting on board with (for me) include:


Chelsea Boots.  I am a big boot person to begin with, so expanding my collection annually is a no-brainer!  I like the versatility of a Chelsea boot as you can truly style it up or down, depending on your mood or what you are dressing for.  Love!



Leather.  Jackets, pants, dresses, tops, skirts....all of it.  I have the jackets, pants and skirts covered, for the most part, but I am definitely on the hunt for a leather dress like this one:



Gold and Black.  Love this combo, especially for dressy events.  The key is to accent the gold with a touch of black.  I would limit yourself to just these two colors and minimal jewelry as it could get a little chaotic and can easily be overdone.  Less is more here.



Military/Uniform.  I love this.  You can go solo with just one piece like a coat or a great pair of combat boots, or really do it up with a full blown uniform look with matching pants and jacket.  It is a great way to let out your inner tomboy, or you can dress it up by accessorizing.

      


Other fall trends that I am NOT so into:


Big coats.  You lose your figure and literally get lost in the coat itself.  It is just not flattering.  I am OK with an over-sized coat if done minimally, but those featured by many designers for the fall season are just missing the mark, in my opinion.



Embroidery.  With almost a Renaissance type of feel, these designs just really feel outdated to me.  Some are tolerable, and I could see myself wearing maybe a few select pieces, but for the most part I am not feeling this at all.

  


Velvet.  Gross!  I cringe more so at the thought of the feeling of the actual material than the looks themselves.  It reminds me of stage costumes and I just cannot bring myself to accept this as a trend.



Honorable Mention:

Suits.  Truly timeless pieces.  Short suits emerged this summer and I love this look.  Great for warmer climates, but still captures the classiness intended.  This fall, I will definitely be on the lookout for fresh new styles of suits!



Dull Florals.  I kind of love this.  It is almost like listening to a sad song!  Florals were definitely in last spring/summer, but as we transition into fall, the tropical colors dull out.  Bright colors like pink and yellow transform into dark burgundy and purple.  I can totally see myself wearing something like this on a dreary, rainy day.



Sleeves/Collars.  Honorable mention, because I am not 100% sold on this one.  I very much like it in certain styles - a simple collar, etc.  But as a whole, I am not quite hooked.  All over coverage tends to look a little bit like I am wrapped in a Snuggie.  I think this is definitely one to watch and experiment with, however.



....what you are looking forward to in fall fashion for 2012?  Be sure to check out my Pinterest and Polyvore pages for new style looks and ideas!



1 comment:


  1. Andro Testo Pro A lot of experts many advice other wise but we have some reasons for the tip. Most performance enhancing pills and drugs simply increase blood flow to penis for Better Erection. Now that's actually not your problem and such a boost will only make penile nerves more aroused and sensitive.
    http://tiny.cc/AndroTestoPro

    ReplyDelete