Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Plague

Wow!  I was really out of commission there for a bit.... 

I ended up heading back to the doc on Sunday morning, after my symptoms had not really improved and my husband was starting to come down with the same illness.  Apparently there is a 10-14 day bug that has been making its way through Chicago for the past couple of months, and we were lucky enough to have fallen victim to the plague.  Here's the kicker - it is essentially untreatable (aside from your temporary relief medications) and you have no choice, but to let it run its course. 

Brilliant!

I was finally back at work yesterday, but not feeling great.  Today I am starting to feel a little better, but this cough is wicked!  I keep joking that I have whooping cough, because it is honestly non-stop.

I have taken it upon myself to capitalize on this opportunity and schedule a long overdue physical later this summer with my doctor, however.  Silver lining?!  I am now making sure to stay on top of my daily vitamins and supplements, too, as I prepare.  I even went out and bought one of those pill cases for every day of the week - ya know, the ones reserved for the 90 year old women?




I am not ashamed to admit that I am beyond pleased with my purchase - it is awesome!  What can I say, I have an organizational obsession?!  All my vitamins and supplements fit nicely into each compartment and it is small enough to carry in my purse.  Not too shabby!  Is this what it feels like to get old? 






No comments:

Post a Comment