Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This Is The Voice - Blind Auditions

Back in full effect this season will be the color commentary from yours truly and this guy.  Still undiscovered, we seriously cannot grasp why no one has taken an interest in our oh so qualified analysis of the show on a weekly basis.....

I mean, we really get to the heart of what is important - overall appearances, personal stories and whether or not we think they are lies, and - if you are lucky - an overview of the actual talent level (although, the Blind Auditions do not serve as a very good platform for the legit critiques that come later in the season...)

We truly run the gamut....

Ali (7:04pm): I always fear the people with these sob stories will be horrific.  And then you feel guilty for judging them poorly.

Ali (7:07pm): How are we not judges on a talent-based show yet?  I mean, seriously.  We are way more qualified than most.

Tom (7:07pm): We are both vocally trained and have numerous Grammy nominations - I just don't get it.

Ali (7:09pm): It is very shocking that we have remained undiscovered despite our clear advantages.

Tom (7:12pm): Plus you toured with Third Eye Blind....

Ali (7:12pm): #fact

Ali (7:15pm): I hate when people sing this song.  EVERYONE can sing this song.

 - Contestant singing Sweet Home Alabama -

Tom (7:16pm): I never thought of that.  Everyone CAN sing this song.

Ali (7:16pm): I mean, I excel.  And I have a sub-par voice at best.

Tom (7:17pm): Your voice is radio ready and we all know it.

Tom (7:18pm): He is a large fella.  Those jeans could fit you in each leg.  And I, too, like quality music note embroidery on the back of all my shirts.

Ali (7:20pm): Of course, who doesn't?

Ali (7:23pm): UGH.  The half minorities ALWAYS have used music to overcome adversity. 

Tom (7:25pm): Looks like Eagle Eye Cherry.  And are people really bullied for simply being half-rican?

Ali (7:29pm): I'm sorry I am still laughing at your half-rican comment....Amazing.  I hate that Christina refers to herself as "X"-Tina out loud.

Tom (7:30pm): Do you hate "X"-mas too?

Ali (7:33pm): Yes.  Christ would be disappointed.

Ali (7:39pm): Remember when Christina Milian used to be an actual singer?  Now she runs the social media lounge for a show who discovers singers...Tragic.

Ali (7:43pm): Is that Justin Beiber's hipster twin brother?  I kind of love those glasses.

Tom (7:44pm): There better be lenses in those frames, I don't care if he's terminally ill...

Ali (7:45pm): There are - I saw the reflection.  He better not suck, I really like him.

Tom (7:48pm): Blake's comments are top notch.  Do you think there is bourbon in his cup?

Tom (7:50pm): He doesn't process his thoughts before they come out.

Ali (7:51pm): Perfection!

Ali (7:53pm): Well, that's interesting.  This guy is going to sing.......La Bamba?!

Tom (7:53pm): I need a margarita and some chips and salsa. STAT.

Ali (7:54pm): So mean.

Tom (7:55pm): He was in a Mexican restaurant!  You were thinking it and you know it.

Tom (7:56pm): Christina had a Spanish album, why isn't she turning around?

Ali (7:57pm): Oh yea!  I forget that she is "Hispanic"

Ali (7:59pm): Seriously, Adam's impersonation of Blake kills me.

Tom (7:59pm): "Haagh Skewl Dayyynce" 

Tom (8:00pm): 16 on a team now?! Shiiiiiiiiit.

Ali (8:00pm): Right?!

Tom (8:00pm): How the hell are we supposed to keep track of 64 people?!


Seriously though....How are we supposed to keep track of 64 people?  I am interested to see how the new twists and turns play out, for sure. 

2 days of Blind Auditions down and still nothing terribly exciting just yet.  They seem to be focusing more on those going through to the next round this year, which could be a result of the new format, having more members per team to highlight on the up front?!

Now on to round 3 tonight.....


No comments:

Post a Comment