Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thought-filled Tuesday

A busy day today, so a perfect time for some random thoughts and reflections.....

First and foremost, U-S-A!  Thoughts go out to all of the families of those who fell victim to the 9/11/2001 acts of terror.  As I walked by my local Chicago Fire Department this morning, all of the firefighters were outside saluting the flag, remembering those who have gone before us....that should happen every day, but alas....on this day it holds that much more meaning.....



Which brings me to the Pledge of Allegiance.  I grew up reciting this every morning in elementary and middle school.  It was when I reached high school, I believe, that the act was terminated due to the use of the word "God."  Are children even required to learn the Pledge anymore? 



MNF - Train wreck.  Disaster.  Embarrassing.  I cannot even talk about it....  In other news, last night solidified my first Fantasy Football victory of the season, ending week 1 on a high note!  Bittersweet...


This Is The Voice!  That's right, IT'S BACK!  A relatively tame premiere night....given, I fast forwarded through all of the filler and only watched the performances, but still... Nothing too crazy to start off the season.  The most notable observations, for me, were as follows:
  • Adam looks slightly less like a cocaine addict and appears to have beefed up a little.  It's absolutely working....

  • Christina, albeit it was only the first night and there is still plenty of time to go down hill quickly, appears to have found a happy medium in her overall appearance as well.......so far.

  • CeeLo continues to utilize animals as props.  Seriously, a bird?!  Not OK.  That said, I suppose it is better than being stuck in a cage?!


  • Blake remains hilarious....and borderline creepy.  Either way, comedy ensues.

The weather has been absolutely amazing....I can feel the fall season upon us!  What is not so amazing are the allergy and migraine related side effects.  Those, I could do without!


I am Madrid bound in a couple of weeks for work.  One of my favorite cities!  Now....I am plotting how to get the hubby a comp'd flight as well.  Any ideas?!



No comments:

Post a Comment