Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Voice

Is it just me or is this season not QUITE as good as past seasons?  Don't get me wrong, the talent level is definitely there, but I feel like the personalities are just kind of BLAH as a whole. Even those who are not lacking in charisma are hovering so close to a level of annoyance that I cannot quite commit to liking them. Maybe it's just me?!

I usually have a clear top 3 at this stage of the competition, but this season I only have one artist I really kind of love - Josh Kaufman. There are some others that could prove contenders, but no one is really jumping out at me just yet. That said, after last night's debacle, I think I might be developing a soft spot for Kristen Merlin as well. That poor girl, she deserves to be exempt from eliminations this week!

Lack of personalities aside, the coaches are top notch this season and remain a major draw for viewership. Shakira has really come into her own this second time around and Usher perfectly balances the Adam/Blake dynamic. Which begs the question I'm most concerned about at this point - is Christina out?!


No comments:

Post a Comment