Thursday, April 17, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Easter Edition

Easter Sunday was always a fun holiday for my brother and I growing up. We were not raised super religious or anything, but it was still a mandatory gathering of family - inclusive of rich traditions such as Harvey salad and deviled eggs. We really know how to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, if you know what I mean....

My favorite memory is probably dying Easter eggs. I can remember trying to create cool new colors and designs - SO cutting edge! I loved stuff like that as a kid - any opportunity to be creative...or collect rocks...or study the ocean....


Our Uncle Billy would come into town and was the designated "hider of the Easter eggs" for the egg hunt. I always had suspicions that my brother was cheating, looking out the windows to sneak a peak, which he probably was. Despite his best efforts, however, I don't believe he ever beat me - I am competitive in that way....

Competition aside, I look back upon our Easter traditions fondly and know my brother probably does as well. In the spirit of Peter Cottontail, let's throwback:



P.S. Look at Sam!


No comments:

Post a Comment