Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Smokers - Get A Clue!

For the first time in God knows how long, I decided to venture out during the lunch hour and soak in the 60+ degree weather. HEAT WAVE! 

On said journey, I encountered a plethora of smokers - all of whom were standing entirely too close to buildings (isn't there a rule for that) and generally contaminating the air around me. 

If you have read this far, by now you have a strong understanding of the fact that I HATE cigarette smoke. Not the cigarette itself per se, but the smoke....THE WORST. It triggers my migraines, it smells like shit and - OH YEA - you can probably die from it!

Which leads me to this - is it really still a thing for young people to smoke? Really....what are they doing?! I just don't get it, don't they know better? Or shouldn't they? Do these cranky feelings make me an old person?!  

Trust that I don't discriminate between young and old smokers - I find them all equally as intolerable as the middle age smokers....  

In actuality, I AM totally like a grumpy, 90 year old man when I find myself walking downwind from a smoker on the street. And I DO get super pissed when I get off the train, only to be bitch slapped with that stench because the smoker in my vicinity simply CANNOT wait to get off of the platform before lighting up. Honestly, it's like 10 seconds longer - smoker, you cannot wait 10 SECONDS LONGER?!  

Smokers may be the most considerate people I know...

OK, so I realize the past two days have been less blogging and more ranting. For that, I apologize. Final thought of the day: I do wonder how it is the year 2014 and cigarettes are only now being morphed into an electronic device. I mean, that should have happened sooner, right? While I find the concept completely ridiculous, it DOES beat the alternative....

#ThisIsClearlyNotASponsoredPost

#EndRant



No comments:

Post a Comment