Thursday, May 1, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Derby Edition

I love this tradition. My parents moved to Louisville when I was in college and called it home for nearly a decade. We embraced everything the city has to offer, including the greatest two minutes in sports.

Despite the fact that my parents do not live there anymore, we continue to make the annual trip to Churchill Downs.  It's just THAT good. We rent a house, get our Kentucky Oaks/Derby two-day ticket packages at a 20% premium to guarantee our seats, and love every single moment of it.

While the obvious dangers are there, and the animal rights activist in me continues to scream in the back of my mind every single year as the 20-horse field breaks from the starting gates, the sun does always shine bright on that first weekend in May as the song so rightfully states - despite the weather forecast! Full of tradition and wonderful memories, it's only right this week's throwback express the same sentiments...









No comments:

Post a Comment