Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Musically Inclined

Musically inclined... Two words that would have never been used to describe The Stoneking children, despite our best efforts.

To this day, I long for the gift of song. I have practiced quite diligently for years with no success. What gives?! I have rhythm, could probably play a few instruments if I were willing to give it a shot, but singing? Never happening. Due to my inability to match pitch, I am left to obsess over television shows like The Voice and Glee to create musically driven experiences for me.

It did pull on my heart strings a little bit when we discovered my niece has an even more extreme case of tone deafness than my brother or I ever could have thought possible. We simply do not have the heart to tell her she will forever be sidelined by her lack of vocal expertise...


She sure does try though, doesn't she? As she continues to possess the confidence to display her talents for all to see, it does remind me of the beautiful ignorance that is being a child. An untapped purity we so easily grow out of...

So many revelations in adulthood can likely relate back to who we are at age 3. Before we developed a filter. Before we developed a level of self awareness. Before we realized that anything might not actually be possible due to our own personal limitations. When we just were who we were.

For me? That was apparently a no pants, socks with stilettos, leotard wearing rock star with the most incredible crimped, rock n' roll mullet this side of the Mississippi.


#ThrowbackThursday


No comments:

Post a Comment