Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I Have A Secret...

One of the square footed variety...

It seems like it's been months since it actually happened, but we have officially begun our transition to the suburban way of life. How have I sat on this exciting news for so long? Well, because I had not actually seen the house in person until this past weekend, so it did not exactly feel real until now. GASP... 

People are having a really difficult time grasping the fact that I could do something like this - purchase a home without physically being present to confirm if I like it or not. But why is that so surprising? Technology like, I don't know, the INTERNET really helps to mitigate any uncertainties. And when you throw in the even more high tech accessibility like FaceTime, then it is game over. It's like I walked through the house multiple times already without actually stepping foot inside!

Above being said, I am not foolish enough to rely only on technology alone to make my decisions for me. My mother-in-law is a real estate agent and walked through the place SEVERAL times on our behalf - and multiple times with us on video. My husband also had the chance to scope out the joint on multiple occasions during work travel before we ultimately make the decision to pull the trigger. It honestly feels as though I have seen every last inch of the property, and likely analyzed it more via photos and video than I would have in person! Most importantly, I think we know exactly what we want - when the opportunity presented itself, we jumped on it.

Enough with the back story, I should let the house do the talking for me on this one!













We are so excited to begin this next chapter in our lives. We would not change anything about our time in Chicago, nor the way we lived, but I do think the change of pace will suit us well long-term. 

To us and the new digs!



3 comments: