Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ahhh...FREAK OUT!

I would like to preface this post by making it very clear to all, I love my husband with all of my heart.  This being said, it is widely known that my husband is notorious for what I can only refer to as "unnecessarily dramatic freak outs."  They are typically brought on by acts of failure - hiccups with technology (and I mean all technology - computers, cell phones, GPS, fax machines, printers.....the list is honestly endless), excessive traffic (again - anything can spark these fits when it comes to traffic, but it is mostly brought on when he is unaware of the problem or the cause of said traffic is seemingly unexplainable or he deems someone a significantly inferior driver than himself), when he misplaces just about anything and cannot understand why I do not know where it is....things of this nature.

Today, I was fortunate enough to have my first experience with one of these dramatic freak outs from afar - while I was at work nonetheless.  You see, my husband is sick and had a doctor's appointment this afternoon.  Easy enough, right?  One would have thought....  Except that we have recently changed our insurance policy at my company and my husband is now on my insurance.  Upon his arrival to his appointment, it was very quickly brought to his attention that his card was not valid - his brand new insurance card, effective March 1, 2012...bring on the drama!

Sigh - I am a good wife though and say nothing, because I do feel bad for him (he has been traveling all week, he is sick, just wants his meds, to be on his way and to not have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a simple urgent care visit....Seriously, America.  Where are we on this Universal Health Care plan, 'eh?).  Enough with the politics.....

In short, the moral of this story is that I find it completely ridiculous to freak out about things that are beyond my control.  So you have to sit in a traffic jam?  Sweet - I get to sing along to even more songs that I may have missed had this traffic jam not occurred!  The computer froze?  Sweet - I now have an excuse as to why I did not finish drafting that contract that I did not really need to be doing right now anyway!  Oh you do not know where the keys are?  Sweet - looks like the decision was made for us, we are going to the restaurant across the street for dinner instead! 

Small victories, people, small victories....

No comments:

Post a Comment