Tuesday, May 8, 2012

That Was The Voice Finale?!

I understand they had to pack a lot into two hours, but what were they thinking?  It lacked excitement and energy for me, and I can say this honestly as I took it upon myself to read a book as I watched.  The show did not have that "it" factor to really draw the audience in.  Everything was fine, but maybe that was the problem - there were no really great or shocking moments. 

The remaining contestants were asked to sing three different times - one final performance song as part of the competition, one song as a "tribute" to their coach and one duet with their coach.  I have to admit, there were a few moments here and there that were good, but overall I was just not that into it.  For whatever reason, it was not working for me....

Maybe it was because Tom decided to bail on this week's color commentary (do not fear, I rolled with the punches and opted to email myself all of the things I would have sent to Tom as we watched - I figured this was better than nothing?!) or perhaps that I am simply really into the book I am currently reading?  Either way, it just felt like the show fell short in comparison to last year's final performances. 

Ali (6:53pm): You ready?!?!

Tom (6:54pm): Ahhh I'm at a last minute concert.  Don't kill me!  No spoilers, Schwans.

Ali (6:55pm): OK, fine.

Ali (7:00pm): Well, already I'm happy because Juliet dyed her hair back dark.  Win.

Ali (7:04pm): Aww, Xtina is sick.  Put your boobs away, K thanks.

Ali (7:07pm): Ugh - I Believe I can Fly?!  Soooo lame.  That was the best you could come up with?!

Ali (7:10pm): Takin' it to the church - you are so sold.

Ali (7:13pm): I mean, he was really good, but we have seen that performance a thousand times.

Ali (7:19pm): I cannot even comment on how emotional he is.  Pull it together, man.

Ali (7:23pm): Great CeeLo song for her.  #TeamJuliet!

Ali (7:28pm): Ugggggggggh.  Chris Mann.  Whoa, is Xtina gonna get played on this?!

Ali (7:31pm): Dude, that dress is NOT working.  But she is so killer.  She is sick and still sounds amazing.

Tom (7:33pm): Tweaking out that I'm not watching.

Ali (7:33pm): Oh, don't worry.  I'm still sending myself everything I would otherwise be sending you.

Tom (7:34pm): OK, then I can fill in the blanks and pepper it with commentary.

Ali (7:40pm): Whoa!  99 Problems for Tony Lucca?!  I am sooooo nervous for this.

Ali (7:41pm): well, I don't HATE it.  It is somehow working?!

Ali (7:43pm): My God, can Xtina say ONE nice thing to him?  EVER?

Ali (7:45pm):  Adam is awesome.  LOVE. IT.

Ali (7:50pm): Of cooooourse he would choose this Xtina song.  Borrrrringggggg.  It's like he seriously thinks in his head, "what would be the most boring thing I could do on stage?" and then that's what he does each week.

Ali (7:54pm): Honestly, she is STILL hating on Tony.  Get a life.  He must have dumped her on the Mickey Mouse Club or something.

Ali (8:00pm): Man, I thought this Juliet/CeeLo duet would be a lot better than this.  It's OK, but not great.

Ali (8:07pm): Yes!!!  Yesterday as told by Adam and Tony.  Totally working.  They sound really good together.

Ali (8:12pm): Hmm, I actually think JP sounds pretty damn good singing Blake's song.  Impressive.

Ali (8:22pm): Another slow song from Chirs Mann - shocking.  I am so over this....

Ali (8:27pm): Is it just me or is this sort of a boring finale overall?

Ali (8:32pm): I am actually intrigued by Blake and JP's duet.  It should be so random, but it's totally working!

Ali (8:42pm): Oddly, I think Tony has been my favorite tonight so far.  To be fair, I love Maroon 5, but this was a good song choice for him (albeit, he f'ed up the words at one point).

Ali (8:50pm): Alright.... Let's end this thing on a high note - c'mon Juliet!

Ali (8:53pm): No way, she's doing Free Bird?  She will slay this.

Ali (8:56pm): She totally did.  Welp, it's in America's hands now!

Ali (9:00pm): I hope your concert was worth missing this epic event.  Jerk.


There is not too much to have learned from this week's show other than the following:
  • Tom was clearly so bored at the concert he was attending that he actually would have rather been at home watching TV.

  • Christina has some serious hate in her heart for Tony Lucca and she is not afraid to show it.

  • We will have a winner of season 2 tonight!

 








No comments:

Post a Comment